August 1st / 2016
Stewart has an immediate opening for a Transportation Technician IV for our Raleigh Construction Engineering & Inspection group. The job entails inspecting contractor’s operations on a variety of transportation type projects. He/she will perform an assortment of standardized and non-standardized tests and assignments in compiling, analyzing, computing, editing and processing field data. Tests include, but aren’t limited to, soil/aggregate testing, concrete/grout/mortar testing, and asphalt testing. Additionally, this person will support engineers in functional areas such as construction inspection, surveying, materials sampling, testing, and construction traffic control.
This position requires the following certification/training, which must be active and in good standing.
- NCDOT Field Technician Level I certification
- NCDOT QMS Roadway Technician certification
- NCDOT Conventional Density certification
- NCDOT ABC Sampling Certification
- NCDOT Borrow Pit Sampling certification
- Level II Erosion & Sediment Control/Stormwater certification
In addition to the above mentioned certifications, this position requires:
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) diploma required. Associates degree in a related field preferred.
- Ten years or greater of NCDOT inspection and testing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Engineering Interns (EI) may be eligible for this position with less than the required years of experience.
- He/she must be capable of lifting equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Performing physical activities required of the testing procedures including squatting, bending, lifting, climbing and traversing difficult terrain.
- Proficient at record keeping and computing field data.
- Proficient at plan reading.
- Represent Stewart in a professional manner.