August 22nd / 2016
Stewart has an immediate opening for a Transportation Technician II (Construction Inspector) for our Raleigh Construction Engineering & Inspection group. The job entails inspection of contractor’s operations on a variety of transportation type projects including roadway and bridge construction. Daily duties include observing and documenting the contractors operations, completing various field reports, tracking and computing pay quantities and sampling and testing construction materials. Additionally, this person will support higher level technicians in functional areas such as construction inspection, surveying and materials sampling and testing.
This position requires the following certification/training, which must be active and in good standing.
- NCDOT Field Technician Level I certification
- NCDOT QMS Roadway Technician certification
- NCDOT Conventional Density certification
- NCDOT ABC Sampling Certification
- NCDOT Borrow Pit Sampling certification
- Level II Erosion & Sediment Control/Stormwater certification
In addition to the above mentioned certifications, this position requires:
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) diploma required. Associates degree in a related field preferred.
- Three years or greater of NCDOT inspection and testing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Engineering Interns (EI) may be eligible for this position with less than the required years of experience.
- He/she must be capable of lifting equipment up to 60 lbs and perform physical activities required of the testing procedures including squatting, bending, lifting, climbing and traversing difficult terrain.