May 19th / 2016
Stewart is seeking a Special Inspector II for our Raleigh testing and inspections group. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of progressive testing and/or inspection experience. Candidates with an Engineering Intern (EI) Certification may be eligible for this position upon completion of two years of relevant experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Reinforced Concrete/Grout/Mortar inspection and testing, Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) inspection and testing, Bolting & Structural Steel, Monitoring installation of deep foundations, and ensuring compliance with project documents.
- This position requires the following certification/training, which must be active and in good standing
- NCDOT and American Concrete Institute (ACI) Field Technician Level I certification
- International Code Council (ICC) Reinforced Concrete certification
- International Code Council (ICC) Masonry certification
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Post Tension Institute (PTI) Level I or higher certification
- National Institute for Certification of Engineering Technologies (NICET) Geotechnical Level I or higher
- Be able to lift equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Be able to performing physical activities required of the testing procedures including squatting, bending, lifting, climbing and traversing difficult terrain.
- Be proficient at basic mathematic computations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Have advanced plan/blueprint reading skills.
- Have a willingness to perform work after regular business hours, on weekends and sometimes on holidays when necessary.
- Driver’s license required.