January 12th / 2017
Stewart is seeking an Engineering Technician III for our Raleigh testing and inspections group. The job entails performing visual inspections and /or physical testing of construction materials, which includes (at minimum) soil, aggregate, concrete, asphalt, steel, etc. Work duties are primarily on construction sites in the Triangle, but some out of town work and some laboratory testing will also be required. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Six years or greater of progressive testing and/or inspection experience required.
- This position requires the following certification/training, which must be active and in good standing.
- NCDOT and American Concrete Institute (ACI) Field Technician Level I certification
- NCDOT QMS Roadway Technician
- NCDOT soil/aggregate testing certifications (conventional density, ABC sampling, and borrow pit sampling)
- National Institute for Certification of Engineering Technologies (NICET) CMT Level I or higher (soils or concrete)
- Engineering Interns (EI) may be eligible for this position upon completion of two years of relevant experience
- Be honest, ethical and reliable
- Be a good communicator (verbal and written)
- Be independently motivated
- Be able to read construction drawings
- Be capable of lifting 50 pounds (equipment)
- Be able to performing physical activities required of the testing procedures including squatting, bending, lifting, climbing and traversing difficult terrain
Stewart is a design, engineering and planning firm located in Raleigh, Durham and Charlotte, NC serving clients throughout the southeastern US. With a unique collaborative cross-discipline approach that results in stronger and more creative design solutions, Stewart offers a full range of services to meet the needs of its clients, including Land Planning & Design, Structural Engineering, Transportation, Bicycle & Pedestrian Planning & Design, Sports & Events, Geomatics and Construction Services. Visit www.stewartinc.com to learn more.